Academic Biography and Projects
- Adjunct Professor, School of Public Administration, University of Victoria
- Member, Accreditation Board, Canadian Association of Programs of Public Administration
- Co-editor, Atlas of Public Management
- Senior Fellow, Massey College, University of Toronto
- July 2007 to June 2018: Professor of Public Policy, School of Public Policy and Governance, University of Toronto
Teaching and mentoring at the School of Public Policy and Governance: Teaching a section of PPG1007 Strategic Implementation and acting as the faculty advisor for first year students and as faculty advisor for the Public Policy and Governance Review.
Public management research: With Professor Leslie A. Pal, completed an SSHRC-funded project entitled Best Practices in Public Management: History, Theory and Application.
Higher education improvement: Encouraging policy discussion of the ideas in two co-authored books (Academic Transformation: The Forces Reshaping Higher Education in Ontario, Ian D. Clark, Greg Moran, Michael L. Skolnik, and David Trick, McGill-Queen’s University Press, 2009, and Academic Reform: Policy Options for Improving the Quality and Cost-effectiveness of Undergraduate Education in Ontario, Ian D. Clark, David Trick and Richard Van Loon, McGill-Queen’s University Press, 2011); and developing Atlas Standards, MPP/MPA Core Competencies and Atlas Courses to help course designers in MPP and MPA programs improve coverage of core subject matter and reduce course overlap.
Page created by: Ian Clark, last modified 28 June 2018.