Academic Biography and Projects
- Adjunct Professor, School of Public Administration, University of Victoria
- Senior Fellow, Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, University of Toronto
- Senior Fellow, Massey College, University of Toronto
- Member, National Accreditation Board, Canadian Association of Programs of Public Administration
- Co-editor, Atlas of Public Management
- July 2007 to June 2018: Professor of Public Policy, School of Public Policy and Governance (now Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy), University of Toronto
Teaching and mentoring at the School of Public Policy and Governance: Teaching a section of PPG1007 Strategic Implementation and acting as the faculty advisor for first year students and as faculty advisor for the Public Policy and Governance Review.
Public management research: With Professor Leslie A. Pal, co-authoring a new final chapter on Doing Policy Analysis for the sixth edition of Beyond Policy Analysis. Also with Leslie Pal, completed an SSHRC-funded project entitled Best Practices in Public Management: History, Theory and Application.
Higher education improvement: Encouraging policy discussion of the ideas in two co-authored books (Academic Transformation: The Forces Reshaping Higher Education in Ontario, Ian D. Clark, Greg Moran, Michael L. Skolnik, and David Trick, McGill-Queen’s University Press, 2009, and Academic Reform: Policy Options for Improving the Quality and Cost-effectiveness of Undergraduate Education in Ontario, Ian D. Clark, David Trick and Richard Van Loon, McGill-Queen’s University Press, 2011); and developing Atlas Standards, MPP/MPA Core Competencies and Atlas Courses to help course designers in MPP and MPA programs improve coverage of core subject matter and reduce course overlap.
Page created by: Ian Clark, last modified 11 October 2020